Care of the Individual Receiving Enteral Nutrition
In the past, aides in home care and long-term care have had limited exposure to individuals receiving enteral nutrition, commonly referred to as tube feedings. However, this is changing rapidly with the increase in the level of care needed for individuals in home care.
• Explain the difference between enteral nutrition and normal digestive process
• Describe when enteral nutrition can be used as well as not used
• Recognize different types of tubes, formula and equipment associated with enteral nutrition
• List common enteral feeding complications and possible causes
• Identify observations requiring prompt report to the nurse
• State care and support the aide can provide related to enteral nutrition issues
1 contact hour(s) based on 60 minute contact hour
As a reminder, RCTCLearn.net is a benefit of membership. Questions on getting started? Contact Annie at firstname.lastname@example.org.